Benefits of mobile marketing
What is Mobile Marketing?
According to Alex Michael and Ben Slater in their book, `Mobile Marketing: Achieving Competitive Advantage through Wireless Technology`, it is defined as `The use of the mobile medium as a communications and entertainment channel between a brand and an end user. This is the only personal channel enabling spontaneous, direct, interactive and/or targeted communications any time, any place`.
Interesting Facts about SMS Marketing
- Mobile marketing triggers immediate consumer responses;
- Customers can respond directly via SMS;
- Responses can be tracked for effectiveness;
- Clients will get a clear indication of how the marketing budget is spent and how it is converted into sales;
- Create brand awareness;
- Cheaper than conventional marketing and direct to your target market.
- 95% of SMSes are read within 15 min of receiving them;
- Less then 10% of SMSes sent are spam;
- A business lead is generated every 5 min with the use of SMS Marketing;
- With SMS marketing, brand recall is the highest. 96% remember a call to action from an SMS;
- It is the only marketing media that reaches the customer that is on the go;
- It is 5 times more effective then online marketing;
- SMS Marketing has much less media competition, online and e-mail is too crowded;
Never before has anything so young been so effective in such a short period of time and it keeps getting better.